Data Governance Center
Stanford's Data Governance Center (DG Center) is a central repository for documentation and information about institutional data assets and associated metadata.
Business Glossary: Look up the meaning of a given term or alias
- Example question: What is an Academic Plan?
- Types of Assets: Terms, Aliases, and Acronyms.
Reporting Index: Look up reports and find out what business terms are associated with them.
- Example question: For Term X, which reports is it in? Or for Report Y, what are all the terms used there?
- Types of Assets: Tableau Subject Areas, Report Views and OBI Subject Areas, Dashboard Tabs, Report Sections, and Report Views.
Code and Decode Values Index: Look up the full set of possible code values, their meaning (their decode) and what term (from the Business Glossary) is associated with the codes.
- Example question: What are the codes for HR Job Families?
- Types of Assets: Codelists, Code Sets, and Code Values.
Content is built out through the joint efforts of the Data Governance Program and the Stanford University Data Stewardship (SUDS) groups.
*Note: The Collibra Cloud environment uses Stanford’s single sign-on system to validate users. As with other applications, when you are logged-in to your SUNetID you will not need to enter your password to access Collibra.